Monday, May 18, 2009

Does the weather get you down?

I am a northerner to the core! If I were still living in Kugaaruk or Kugluktuk, Nunavut {Canada} I would still be looking out upon a vast white landscape of ice and snow. Why then does the slightly above zero temperature of today here in Saskatchewan depress me so? I believe it's to teasing tantalizing 20 plus degrees we experienced only yesterday! I think I would much rather winter stay rather than the taunting teeter-tottering weather we've been enduring. I am now hacking due to a sore throat and a body which just can't get used to the weather confusion! I would not allow mother nature to spoil my spring fun entirely however. I tilled my newly expanded garden today! When mother nature is through with her seemingly endless seduction games I will be ready!
The photo above is one of a May day in Kugaaruk, Nunavut. I guess a beautiful day is truly relative because we thought it was an absolutely gorgeous day at the time and spent it out on the land skidooing!

3 comments:

  1. I miss spring skidooing! Coming in with a sunburn from the reflection of the sun off of the snow when it is still -15 or colder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its ironic that the colder the weather the less one gets sick-at least that was my experience in Upstate NY. (I lived just across the border, about 5 mi. from Canada when I was a teenager). I agree with you too that there is something lovely about a landscape of crisp,bright white snow. The pic you posted is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came across your blog through Kara's, and think it is funny that you are living in Saskatchewan after living in Kugaaruk...I used to live in Saskatchewan and now live in Kugaaruk!!! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete