Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Winnie-the-Pooh is back! Return to The Hundred Acre Woods ~ Book Review

As you may well know there has been an extraordinary buzz over the recent publication of a sequel...a sequel to one of the best loved children's classics of all time! Yes, Winnie-the-Pooh has returned in a book that will prove to be the quintessential family book of the year! Author David Benedictus has paid homage to the style of A.A. Milne in Return to the Hundred Acre Wood in such a way that I believe Milne would be gratified as obviously did the managers of his estate.

Return to the Hundred Acre Wood is the first authorized sequel to the Classic Winnie-the-Pooh tales in 80 years and it holds up triumphant in the light of scrutiny. Enchantingly charming Return to the Hundred Acre Wood is an endearing book for all ages. In the tradition of A.A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh Collection, Return to the Hundred Acre Wood tickles adults with its wry humour and wit, and delights and enchants children with its lovable characters.

I read this book myself before reading it to my children and found myself chuckling aloud at all the funny bits and reading them to my husband because I just had to share them. My daughters, Emma and Bronwynn, were enamered by the characters and their adventures and my 9 year old son, Gabriel actually understood the underlying humour.
Pooh had completed his stoutness exercises--two push-ups, two pull-ups, and a
lie-down--and Piglet had written in his diary: Got up. Had brekfast. Wrote this
in diary
, and was wondering how he managed to Fit It All In, when Pooh said: "I
wonder where Christopher Robin has been."
"I don't know." said Piglet, who
had been wondering too. "But he's a bit grand, isn't he, Pooh since he came back
and he seems a bit more...a bit more..."
"That's it exactly," said Pooh. "a
bit more but not too much..."

Christopher Robin returns, a new friend is introduced to the Hundred Acre Wood, and the friends share some wonderful adventures in this book of ten new tales. It was a thoroughly enjoyable read for the whole family with a wonderful history!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. My favourite character!! I can not wait to get my hands on this book

    ReplyDelete