Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Army Wives The Complete Third Season DVD Release!

I have just discovered Army Wives. It took the release of its complete third season DVD for me to find a television series that offers it all! A little humour and a lot of angst, Army Wives is a series which lightens your heart but tugs at your heartstrings. I have a friend whose a military wife and though my husband’s quasi-military police life equates in minor ways I have commented time and time again that I would hate to endure living as a military wife especially in a deployment situation.

Army Wives The Complete Third Season DVD set explores and follows the lives of several military families. Military life is just a little more complicated, a little harder at times. Marriages strengthened and marriages strained to breaking, men and women hardened by duty aching to provide a soft shoulder for their families, the heartaches of separation the difficulties of reintegrating, these are the stories. Stories of wives {and husbands} enduring responsibilities that extend beyond their families and far exceed the expectations of civilian life.

A wife comments, “I am an army wife and don’t get me wrong, I love serving my country but honestly…army life is a pain in the butt!” Learning to survive military life while maintaining a stable family life can be a trial and after viewing only a couple episodes my family and I were hooked. The characters are endearing because of their realism, their genuine natures. They’re fathers and mothers, husbands and wives, military and those living with the military, adjusting, struggling, living and making due. There were moments I almost felt I was sitting in on a coffee date listening to the worries and fear, laughter and antics of real people! Army Wives The Complete Third Season is 5 discs, 18 episodes packed with the personal drama inducing smiles and tears and evoking hard hitting emotion.

General Holden discovers being the father of a rebellious teenage daughter may represent a more dangerous battleground than any war zone. Sherwood and his wife go through a separation and discovers her indiscretions while their son deploys to Iraq. Roland, the male “army wife” of the gang feels the pinch of giving up his career and personal ambitions for his wife’s army life and career, playing the role of single dad while his wife leads a batallion in Iraq. Roxy Leblanc finds herself a new niche running The Hump Bar. The final episode is a cliffhanger you will never forget and if I cannot find the fourth season on television this year I can guarantee I will be desperately searching for it to purchase online next year!! I’m already searching for the previous seasons.
Special Bonus Features include:
• Bloopers
• Deleted Scenes
• Six Webisodes – Featuring Joan and Roland Burton and Jeremy Sherwood
• Stationed In The South – The cast and crew of Army Wives take us behind the scenes in the
historical city of Charleston, South Carolina, and show us how the city’s scenic landscape is
integrated into the show.
• Army Wives Gives Back – Lifetime and The Army Wives team up to surprise deserving military families

Whether you are already an Army Wives fan or like me you are just about to discover it, I can honestly say it is one of the best series I’ve seen in some time and I am truly picky about my television viewing! It was amazing to view relate-able stories of the women and men in service and the families that support them. The bonds of friendship are strained but never entirely broken in a community of army wives!!

Purchase Walt Disney Home Entertainment Studios and ABC Studios Army Wives The Complete Third Season on DVD today {RELEASED February 9th}…you will not be disappointed!!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment